Monday, December 15, 2008

The Weekend, Enumerated

I did quite a lot this weekend, with great people, and enjoyed every second of it!
  1. Friday night - I went to Anseo for some drinks and kept very international company - Brazil, Canada, Latvia and Ireland were all represented.
  2. We tripped across the street into Devitts to hear some trad ceol, which was a little more modern than I'm accustomed to - a jolly old gent cantered a marvellous tune, sean nós style, which we were more than prepared to chat through, until we heard the words Internet, google, myspace, joystick and YouTube cleverly intertwined into a bittersweet love song. Possible New Year's Resolution - go to more sessions?
  3. Saturday - hit the road up to Belfast and indulged in some delicious mulled beverages and bratwurst at the Christmas Market.
  4. Went to see Boxcutter and Mary Anne Hobbs in the Black Box, much fun, much dancing, much 'ow' on my ears.
  5. This was followed up by a tremendous homemade quiche, nomnomnom.
  6. Sunday - Visited Cavehill for the first time, and was taken aback with both the marvellous views, and my idiocy for not visiting it when I lived in the city.
  7. Read trashy magazines on the bus back to Dublin, listening to Bert Jansch, and have just tidied my room to within an inch of it's life.
Productive!
One last thing: I picked myself up a styleophone in UO so I can pretend I'm Bowie for a while.

No comments: