Sunday, February 1, 2009

Just Can't

So, went out on Friday night to avoid doing my essay, got tipsy, lost my purse and my memory, wasted yesterday wishing I was dead, now I have no time left to do said essay, the self-loathing is overwhelming.

Enough about me, this video is by Swod. Their album Gehen, which is the German verb 'to go' (see, I am learning a little!) was my first Swod experience, and it's sublime. The first time I listened to Gehen I was walking through the park to meet a friend for lunch, and I felt this weird sensation just behind my nose, like something was scraping or buzzing in there. Naturally I thought I was dying and completely freaked out, until my headphones fell out and I realized it was the tiny, high-pitched electronic whirrings...it's the strangest experience, although I think the more you become aware of it the less receptive you are to the little tingle. Swod's soundworld is a beautiful combination of piano and electronics, with the occasional spoken gesture. It's spacious but intense, and always leaves me with a feeling of loneliness, which is no criticism.



Must face the gloom now of canceling credit cards and Sunday night essaying.

No comments: